The swimmers will be selected based on the following conditions:
- The Main Qualifying meet will be MIAG 2018. However results from the ASUM/MILO Sportexcel Swimming Championship 2018 may also be considered.
- A swimmer must have competed in MIAG 2018, unless granted an exemption by the selection committee, due to illness where evidence will need to be provided
- Only the top 6 swimmers in each age group will be considered.
- Selection Priority:
- a. Automatic selection: Time set to be at least equal to the silver medal time for the SEA Age Group 2017.
- b. Consideration: Time set to be at least equal to the 5th placing for SEA Age Group 2017. Only the fastest 2 swimmers having met the 5th placing will be considered.
- c. Development: In the event there are still slots available, the swimmers with the highest FINA pointscore from MIAG 2018 and have been selected into the National Junior Squad, will be considered.