Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Star : Silver on his debut isn’t bad at all for FT’s Steve

IT was not gold but Federal Territories swimmer Steve Khiew was a pleased boy.

The 15-year-old made his Malaysia Games (Sukma) debut by taking silver behind Jordan Yip of Selangor in the boys’ 50m backstroke final at the Tuanku Zara Aquatic Center last night.

Steve clocked 27.26 with Jordan sprinting to gold for Selangor in 27.04 while Sarawak’s Hii Puong Wei claimed bronze with 27.56.

Steve said winning a silver was unexpected although he was the fastest qualifier in the morning heats.

“I did not expect a silver in my first event as I’m not so good in the sprint events. Jordan is three years older than me and he has won a few gold medals at the last Sukma in Kuching two years ago, so it is not surprising for him to win.

“I’m happy with this medal as I posted my personal best,” said Steve, whose previous personal best was 27.60.

The strong swim will boost Steve’s confidence ahead of the 100m and 200m distance races next.


Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/swimming/2018/09/18/silver-on-his-debut-isnt-bad-at-all-for-fts-steve/#3p57RAjP6fIx7I5M.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...