Friday 6 May 2016

The NST : Jinq En sets new meet record in 50m breaststroke

BY AJITPAL SINGH

SHAH ALAM: Phee Jinq En bagged her second gold medal for Selangor by winning the women’s 50m breaststroke race in the Malaysian Open Swimming Championships at Darul Aquatic Centre today.

Jinq En broke her own meet record of 32.38 by clocking 32.06.

Sarawak’s Erika Kong took second in 32.91 with Indonesia's Vanessa Evato finishing third in 33.86.

Jinq En holds the national record of 31.80 for the 50m breaststroke event, set July last year.

The 18-year-old posted a new national mark in the 100m breaststroke race by recording 1:08.65, which is well inside the Olympic ‘B’ qualifying time of 1:10.22, on Thursday.

"I was expecting to hit below 32 seconds, so it's kind of disappointing that I didn't manage it. "Anyway, I am happy as I set a new meet record although I was tired after the 100m breaststroke yesterday," said Jinq En, who will compete in the 200m breaststroke event tomorrow.

Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/05/143974/swimming-jinq-en-sets-new-meet-record-50m-breaststroke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...